June 14, 2012

I saw the current challenge on the 52 Card Christmas throwdown blog and I just had to play along. As many of you know I love to make all white cards and so this was a really fun challenge for me.

I had someone ask me about how I emboss my cards using two different embossing folders to today I thought I would post a tutorial. 

First you will want to pick the embossing folders that you will be using.  On my card I choose to place my folder about 2/3 of the way down on my card stock, but you can place your folder anywhere you like and then run it through your big shot machine.

This is a photo of what your card stock should look like now.  Only the upper portion will be embossed and you can stop here and leave the bottom portion unembossed if you like.  I sometimes do that and the unembossed area will give me a place to stamp a sentiment.  If I decide to leave the bottom portion unembossed then I'll add a score line or two just below the embossed area.  If I decided to emboss the bottom half I'll continue on....see my next photo-

To emboss the bottom half of your card stock take the folder that you will be using and place your unembossed part of your card stock inside that folder.  I usually try to leave a little space between both embossed areas so that I can add a few score lines.

Run your card stock through your big shot to emboss the bottom half.  In the photo above I already have my top half embossed and I'm now embossing the bottom half.   If you look closely you will see that I left about 1/2" of an area that will not be embossed.

This is what your card stock should look like at this point.  Sometimes I will leave it like this, but usually I will add a few score lines to help offset the two different embossing patterns.

This time I decided to add 2 score lines just below and just above the embossed areas.  This is really easy to do with your simply score tool.

Then I began working on the rest of my card.  I used my label collection framelits for my main stamped image and the layering below my image.  I ended up embossing one of the label layers and to do this you will want to cut your die first and then emboss it. 

My main image and sentiment were simply stamped and the rest of my card was just a matter of putting it all together.  I used lots of dimensionals to help raise up the layers on my card.

And in keeping with an all white card I decided to use pearls for my embellishment and some velvet ribbon.  And below is another photo of my completed card.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you liked my tutorial!  Have a great rest of the day!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you liked my quick tutorial! Have a great rest of the day!

*card #8 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal*

Stamps:  To You & Yours
Card Stock:  White
Ink:  Sahara Sand
Supplies:  Big Shot, Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing  Folder, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Final Press Embossing Folder, Petals-a-plenty Embossing Folder, Labels Collection Framelits, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

13 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

Oh My Goodness Patty!!!. This is so elegant and beautiful!!! LOVE IT!!!

Athina said...

What an elegant card! Just beautiful!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is just amazing!!!! LOVE the gorgeous velvet ribbon and all the dry embossing! Simply fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT and good luck on the DT call! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful!!

Julie said...

Love the embossing and the lovely image. Thanks for the tutorial!

craftykarla said...

Oh so pretty - an great tutorial! I've yet to try dry embossing with two different folders, you made it look so easy

Tracey said...

This is a very nice card. White on white is elegant.

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh Patty love your card..all the embossing and layers to focus on the beautiful dove.

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card - great tutorial too - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

KER said...

very elegant...thanks for the tutorial...i'm challenged if i can't "see" how it's done

Ruth M said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so elegant - love it! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card with us at 52 CCT! Ruth x

Carole said...

I LOVE this card. The white on white is so elegant! The layering is very chic.

Rose said...

this is a stunning card!!
thanks for the photos of the tut, now i understand how it is done :)

just saw you made the 52 {Christmas} Card DT!! congrats and i look forward to seeing what you make each week :)