June 21, 2012


Good evening!  This week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog challenge found here, is a theme challenge and the theme is snowmen.  I love snowmen cards!

I used a retired stamp set called 'The More the Merrier'.  I sort of worked backwards on this card.  I began with my image and then as I was coloring it I picked out the colors I wanted to use, then I found some designer series paper that I thought sort of resembeled little snowflakes through it. 

I embossed the left side of my background using the snow burst embossing folder and then using my simply score board I added 2 score lines after the dry embossing and I left the rest of my background unembossed so that I would be able to stamp my sentiment on a smooth portion of the card stock.

For my embellishments I added some dazzling diamonds glitter for the snow and I added some twine tied through the button center using a bow and lastly, I added three small silver mini brads to help offset and balance my card.  The sentiment reads- Warm Winter Wishes

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to visit my blog, I hope you like my card!  See you tomorrow!

*card #16 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  The More the Merrier
Card Stock:  White, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Floral District Designer Seris Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Twine, Button, Big Shot, Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, SU Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Silver Mini Brads, Simply Score Tool, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, SU Markers- Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, and More Mustard
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

A beautifully made card Patty - love your snowmen! Thanks for joining in with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

Oooh, lovely card Patty - I love the partial embossing of the white panel and the colour combo you chose is fab! Thanks for joining us again at 52 CCT! Ruth x

Mynn xx said...

Patty, this is stunning!!! LOVE the way you embossed the white panel--you are PINNED for further reminders to do that sometime!!! LOVE the glitter snow under your snowmen and the twine through the button is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Ana Carolina Little said...

I started my christmas cards in January and then I stopped. You are making me want to continue. Love this colour combo!!!. For a moment I though that the image was from Flaky friends but it is not. I have it so I'll probably use that one!!! LOVE IT!!!

Louise van Vuren said...

Lovely snowman card, the colours, the snowflake paper and the twine are fab with your image. It all goes together so perfectly. Good luck with the DT call too
Louise xx

Francesca said...

Very pretty snowman card, love the embossing, great texture!

Smiles, Laurie said...

This is gorgeous. I love the layers of interest.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Patty, this card is so pretty! I love those snowmen!

stampwithsandy said...

Love your card Patty. The snowmen are so cute, the glitter is perfect, and I like the way you partially embossed the white background.

Carole said...

I love it! The colors are so pretty and I like your idea of scoring lines where the embossing folder stops. That's a great idea!!

Heather B said...

I might have to CASE this!! It's gorgeous!! Love the colors!!